Loved ones and their comeback in animals! Does it truly happen?

 Grief of death of a loved one is intolerable and people have different ways of dealing with the loss. One not so uncommon way is to believe that your dead loved ones are reaching out to you through someone else. Psychologists call it 'sensed presence' meaning thereby that the bereaving person feels the presence of the departed souls in some other living person though it may not be true. But then there is no way to disprove the presence too. 

The person left behind in this world also might feel that the lost close one has come to her or him in the form of animals. Again no way to prove or disprove it!!! But having sensed it on multiple occasions myself, I can say that all of it seems so true and out of the world. Magical and divine but again I cannot prove the presence of my loved ones in the people and animals I felt so. It seems above science...Maybe spiritual. I do not know. In fact, no one knows. 

I and my dad

It is a fact that I miss my dear father terribly. I did not specifically look for him in any animal, but surprisingly felt his presence in a street dog who came so close to me in a matter of days. My friends are also so surprised that this happened in such a short duration of time. How? Why? I have no answers. 

But it happened during my stay at my uncle's place in Uttarakhand. There was a canine family in a hotel premise nearby. It was covid time and like all people, I too was tormented and fed up of all the travel restrictions. People around were no good to talk to. Maybe they too were undergoing mental issues due to the pandemic and lockdown. Or was it their normal way of communication and dealing? Maybe yes. Anyway, there was this street dog who slowly started accompanying me on my morning walks. My initial impression was that he was doing so for the biscuits that I used to feed him once in a while. 


But I soon realized that this was not so. Because during one lockdown day when all shops were closed, I could not purchase the biscuits for him. But he still continued to follow me. I gestured him to say that the shops are closed, there are no biscuits today and that he should go back. But he still continued to follow me. I realized that he was just happy to join me on my walks. It was not the 'greed' of the biscuits that made him do so. I was touched. This characteristic is rare to find in humans these days especially in metro cities and towns.


And then everyday the dog would join me on my walks. I saw that he used to get excited on my arrival to his residing place and used to greatly enjoy the walks. Of course, I too enjoyed the company of this little and loving four-legged animal. He had so much of the behavior and emotions of my father in him: loving nature, self-respect, cleanliness, dislike of hot weather, protectiveness of me from other evil spirits around,  eagerness to learn,  curiosity,  fighting spirit, courage,  etc...Everyday was a discovery for me and as days passed by, my feeling that it was my father's spirit in this cute street dog only grew stronger and firmer. 

American land presence was known to Genoa Italian sailors for 150 years before Columbus discovered it

Initially, it was I who used to decide which road we should go for walks. Later on, it was my this small canine friend who used to decide the 'walking roads' for me. And later, we both were joined by his 'new girlfriend'. 

I am now out of the country. Departing from my dog was a big sorrowful moment for me. But I ring up the good and nice hotel people regularly to know about the well-being of my this 'spirited' friend. Whatever it is (my dad's spirit or no spirit), the concept itself  does provide my bleeding heart some solace from missing my superb father. The reason of the two of us bonding so would remain a mystery for me always, I know!!! 


Comments